Covid19 Updates From the SSTC Nurse’s Desk SSTC (Ep 1)
To date, our country has reported 144 confirmed cases of the coronavirus. Is there cause for concern?
- Follow the directives from the Ministry of Health and Wellness
- Avoid unnecessary visits to health facilities. If you think you are infected, call ahead before going
- Maintain social distance (at least 3 to 6 feet apart)
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water or alcohol based hand rub
- Wear your mask in crowded areas.
- Boost your immune system, by stocking up on your vitamins, eat fresh fruits and exercise daily.
Covid19 Updates From the SSTC Nurse’s Desk SSTC (Ep 3)
In the public domain and among the medical experts, several preventative methods regarding Covid-19 have been touted. These include social distancing, wearing face covering, hand washing and other hygienic measures. But the question is, what if one contracts the dreaded disease Covid-19? Is this a death sentence?
The sad truth is, there is NO vaccine, cure or standardized treatment. Experts believe that the production of a drug/vaccine with efficacy is 18 to 24 months away, under the best conditions. History has shown that the development of drugs normally takes a much longer period than the proposed time frame mentioned.